“Personal Information” means any information that identifies or can be used to identify you directly or indirectly;
“Streamer” shall mean the software application created and owned by us for streaming production music stored on remote servers live via the internet in synchronisation with pictures while using certain video editing software for use by professionals working in film, television, radio, advertising and new media to enable them to listen to various production music sound recordings to appraise their suitability for use in a production while editing the production and download a chosen sound recording directly into the production subject to securing all necessary licences for such use;
“Streamer Production Music Library” shall mean the library of production music sound recordings owned and/or controlled by certain music library companies, music files of which are stored on the SA Servers and made available for use via Streamer;
“SA Servers” shall mean the computer servers on which we have arranged for Personal Information we collect relating to individuals who use Streamer and music files of the sound recordings contained in the Streamer Production Music Library to be stored.
2. Information we collect
When you register with us to use Streamer we may ask you for certain information such as your full name, phone number and email address, country location, role and preferred video editing software that you use. We keep a record of this information and any other information relating to you that we obtain after your initial registration. This record will be stored in the USA and processed in Australia. All this is necessary for us to recognise you, provide you with the service offered by Streamer or other information you have requested from us and to maintain your account with us. We may keep a record of any electronic correspondence you send us. This helps us to keep track of any problems or concerns you may have had with the Website and Streamer.
We also collect data regarding your use of Streamer which may include IP address, tracks streamed, tracks downloaded, tracks shared, email of recipient of shared track, settings of customised mix (mutes, volume and tempo), tracks saved and search terms used.
3. How we use the information we collect
All the Personal Information we collect via the Website and Streamer, or through correspondence with you, is used to provide you with any information you have requested, to operate the Streamer service, provide access to the Streamer Production Music Library and to improve the service that we offer you. We will use the information we collect for purposes such as:
· managing the Website and access to it so that it is presented in the most effective way for you and your computer;
· dealing with opening and operating your account with us in respect of the use of Streamer, including billing and collecting money owed to us;
· planning and managing our business activities, including analysing users’ preferences;
· facilitating the sharing of audio-visual production projects;
· determining downloading rights;
· improving search results and user experience;
· marketing our products and services to you;
· notifying you of any changes to our products and services;
· providing you with password reminders or to notify you that the service has been suspended for maintenance;
· processing and dealing with enquiries or complaints made by you;
· to meet legal requirements including complying with court orders and valid discovery requests;
· to provide information to representatives and advisors including lawyers and accountants to help us comply with legal, accounting or security requirements;
· to prosecute or defend any court, arbitration or similar legal proceeding;
· to respond to lawful requests by public authorities;
· to provide support and improve the service offered by Streamer;
4. Who do we share information with?
We may share Personal Information with the production music libraries who are part of the Streamer Production Music Library and other third parties who assist us in the service we provide to you such as server hosting sites or marketing automation services on our behalf. In such instances we will only provide them with the Personal Information they need to perform their function. The Personal Information we share with production music libraries includes initial client sign-in data.
5. How do we safeguard your information?
We are committed to taking all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the Personal Information that we hold from misuse, loss or unauthorised access. We do this by having in place a range of appropriate technical and organizational measures. These include measures to deal with any suspected data breach.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of or unauthorised access to your Personal Information please let us know immediately. Details of how to contact us are below.
If a security breach causes an unauthorised intrusion into our system that materially affects you then we will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Your account with us requires a username and password to log in. You must keep your user name and password secure and never disclose it to a third party. We cannot resend forgotten passwords. We can only reset them.
We do our best to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your information changes (such as a change of email address) then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes. Upon request we will provide you with details of what Personal Information we hold about you.
6. How long do we keep your information?
7. Where do we process your information?
We are based in Australia and are subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (“the Act”) which is an Australian law which regulates the handling of Personal Information. If you think the Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps, consistent with our obligations under the Act, to correct that information upon your request.
The SA Servers are located in the USA and the production music libraries whose music is contained in the Streamer Production Music Library are located in a number of different countries including Australia, USA and the United Kingdom. The laws of some countries may not provide the same levels of protection of Personal Information as your home country. By submitting information, you agree to the collection, transfer, storage and processing of Personal Information about you for the purposes described in this Policy.
8. Contact Details